|ROWEN CUSTOM GRIPS, LLC|
|CUSTOM HANDGUN GRIPS IN WOOD & HORN|
Having a beautiful set of custom handgun grips made is a fine way to enjoy your revolver or pistol even more. Since this set of grips will be hand made for you, the more you share about what you want the better.
Don't hesitate to call and discuss options - I enjoy the details and possibilities of a project just like you.
- If you are considering metal finishing it is always a smart idea to have custom hand fitted stocks made first. This can often be done in conjunction with your gunsmith. Call to discuss.
- Most S&W, Colt and USFA grip frames are true and fine for custom grip fitting. Rugers can often be a different story. While being among the finest platforms for a fine custom revolver, some Ruger grip frames will benefit greatly from being decked by a qualified gunsmith. This process removes imperfections and results in a flat, true surface. Call to discuss.
- Should the styling be classic / factory?
- Is the basic feel and thickness of the factory grip good, or should they be thinner or thicker?
- On a single action, how do you want the grip to meet the receiver? Flush (same level ), or raised with a bevel?
- Is it for everyday carry and use, or will it spend more time indoors on display?
- Are you searching for something unique to meet a special need?
The Ruger pictured above is a great example of what a custom handgun grip can be. While it is not common to wrap the front and bottom of a Bisley frame, this gentleman wanted a custom stock that would allow him to get both hands on this 458 Maximum to make the recoil a bit less exciting. Exhibition Claro does not hurt either. A fine example of meeting a special need.